In the preceding weeks, we have been extending our services as well as access to our library. However, as a result of the Corona pandemic, only restricted reader services will be possible at our site.
Here you find all updated information.
Opening and service times
From 27 July, the library site Potsdamer Straße offers the following opening and service times:
- Access to the reading room after prior booking: Mon – Sat 8am – 3pm und 4pm – 10pm – Appointments for the reading room will be assigned separately for both time slots and released one week before the appointment. We expressly point out that in case of double booking we will delete the later date again.
- Access to the lending service and book collection area after prior boooking: Mon – Fri 9am – 1pm und 2pm – 6pm (Thu 8pm), Sat 10am – 2 pm
- i-Punkt (information point) in the entrance hall: Mon – Fri 9am – 7pm, Sat 9am – 3pm
- Information desk in the reading room: Mon – Fri 10am – 3pm and 4pm – 8pm, Sat 10am – 3pm and 4pm – 6pm
- Information service by telephone (+49 30 266 433888): Mon – Fri 9am – 8pm, Sat 9am – 3pm and 4pm – 6pm
Booking a time slot
We again offer many services in our building. However, for nearly all these services you need a time slot which you have to reserve online in advance. Please have a look at the various offers.
With a time slot for a short stay it is possible:
- to collect requested items,
- to collect online requested library cards,
- to have access to your permament lockers.
With a time slot for the reading room you have access to the reading room for one day and can use all services offered on site.
Working in the reading rooms
As of 1 July 2020 a limited number of readers are allowed to work in the reading rooms. This requires an online time slot booking in advance.
Requesting, borrowing and returning items
- It is only possible to request a maximum of 10 items at the same time
- Collection only after Booking a time slot
- Returning items is possible without a time slot
- No return receipt will be issued
- Your library account will only be updated after a few days
- Return of items via mail (To: Leihstelle der Staatsbibliothek, Potsdamer Str. 33, 10785 Berlin)
- In special cases items from the General Reading Room, site Unter den Linden (shelfmarks HA) may be borrowed. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scan – Copy – Print
The BiblioCopy team is present Mon to Sat between 12 and 6 pm and will take your orders and inquiries.
You can use scanners and printers on a self-service basis throughout the entire opening of the reading room.
Further information and contact details are available on the BiblioCopy website.
Exhibitions and Events
- On-site events and training are very limited and with the necessary Covid-19 containment measures.
- Expert advice via Telephone or Video – More Information
- NEW: Webinars on various topics – More Information
Hygiene rules in the building
Please note that in our buildings the currently valid Hygiene and social distancing rules apply.
- Wear a face mask covering mouth and nose in the whole building, except at your table in the reading room
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres to other people.
- Observe the sign-posted pathways – especially at the entrance and exit.